Design myBag Competition 2017
Theme: Rediscovering Singapore
As an introduction to the launch of our very first Found MUJI in Singapore, we seek to pursue a journey of rediscovery into the heritage of Singapore. You are invited to uncover with us the underlying values behind makers of items that are symbolical to our past or items that are present in our everyday living in Singapore.
Innovations of MUJI are not simply a process of creation, they are a review of living by “Searching and Finding”. Searching throughout the world for durable and long-lasting daily necessities, MUJI refines found items to suit our changing lifestyles, cultures and customs, reproducing them at reasonable prices. Under the name “Found MUJI,” we started a journey in 2003 to find good products, ones which would take us further than ever into the remote corners of the Earth.
With the theme, ‘Rediscovering Singapore’, create a design for MUJI Cotton myBag that is inspired by traditional items of the past and re-discovered values of the creation in modern way of life. Top 5 winners will be honoured with their designs printed and sold in MUJI Singapore’s flagship store at Plaza Singapura. 100% of the nett proceeds from the sale of bags will be donated to Children’s Cancer Foundation.
How to Participate?
Download myBag Base Template from links below.
Submit design with a brief, and contact details to email@example.com.
A total of 5 (FIVE) Winners will be selected.
Please check T&C details
Competition Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open for submission from 12 June to 30 June 2017.
- MUJI Singapore reserves the rights to extend the competition deadline without formal notice and to disqualify any incomplete, improper or late entries without disclosing or providing any reasons whatsoever.
- Participants are to use downloadable myBag template as base design, and the design submitted should be relevant to the theme ‘Rediscovering Singapore’.
- Designs are to be submitted in Adobe Photoshop PSD or Illustrator A.I format, with a short design brief and contact details (full name and contact number) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The competition is open to all Singapore Citizens and PRs age 18 and above, except, staff and management of MUJI Singapore and their immediate family members.
- Participants can submit up to three (3) entries. Multiple entries should be sent with the same email subject header.
- Designs should be original and not previously used or owned by any other individual/organization.
- Judging criteria: 40% Relevance to Theme, 40% Creativity and Execution, 20% Originality
- Five (5) chosen winners will be announced on 13 July 2017.
- Winning designs will be printed on MUJI Singapore’s myBag and sold at the sales floor.
- The final five (5) winners will be invited to the opening ceremony of MUJI Plaza Singapura Flagship Store.
- By entering the competition, entrants consent to the use of the personal information they submit with their entries for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, and agrees to give MUJI Singapore the right to use or publish all submitted materials to promote this contest.
In support of
Children’s Cancer Foundation (CCF) is a non-profit organisation with a mission to improve the quality of life of children with cancer and their families and children impacted by cancer through enhancing their emotional, social and medical well-being. Founded in 1992, CCF provides children with cancer and their families the much needed support in their battle against the life threatening illness. Over the years, CCF has helped more than 2800 children and their families at different stages of the illness. Read More