MUJI Home Styling Contest – Terms and Conditions
MUJI Home Styling Contest – OFFICIAL RULES
My MUJI Space Interior Styling Contest – Official Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The My MUJI Space Interior Styling Contest (“Contest”) begins on July 2, 2021 at 12:00pm EST and ends on July 30, 2021 at 12:00pm EST (“Promotion Period”).
The sponsor of this Contest is MUJI Canada LIMITED (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (as hereinbelow defined) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries of the Contest (“Entries”) and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsors may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence on or before the first day of the Contest Period. (“Entrant(s)”). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (“Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- PRIZES: There will be four (4) individual Winners (as herein below defined), with Winners selected at the end of the Promotion Period.
Four (4) Winners will receive:
- A $100.00 CAD shopping credit in the form of a coupon code applicable to muji.ca ONLY
Please note that the shopping credit must be used in one (1) single transaction on muji.ca, and any remaining balance will be forfeited. A transaction total in excess of the $100.00 CAD shopping credit award will be paid for by the Winner(s). If Winner(s) reside outside of the Ontario and B.C. area, Winner(s) may need to submit a manual online order to email@example.com.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by Winners. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal greater or lesser value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the ARV of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any prize items, including not limited to be lost or stolen. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada and properly claimed prize will be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, provincial and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
- HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must enter the Contest within the defined Promotion Period. Any Entries received after the Promotion Period will not be considered.
To enter for a chance to win, Entrants must complete the following prompts:
1. Post a picture of your space with your favorite MUJI home décor or organization products to Instagram.
2. Use the hashtag #MyMUJISpace.
3. Tag and follow us @mujicanada.
Entrants must be the rightful owner (authorized user) of the Instagram account identified in the Entrant’s entry as of date of Entries. Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Entries are limited to one entry per person/Instagram account for each prize. Any attempts by Entrants to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/Contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrants’ Entries and those Entrants may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries for each prize must be posted by the end date during the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest.
- WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Contest (“Winner(s)”) will be selected by Sponsor and/or its designated representatives from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period, whose decisions are final. To be declared a winner, a selected eligible Entrants must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question. Entrants agree to have their submissions, photographs, and Instagram handle featured on MUJI’s official webpages and social media channels throughout the Promotion Period. Winners grant MUJI CANADA LIMITED unlimited usage rights for their submitted photographs on official brand social channels, newsletters, and webpages through August 2021.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Winners will be notified by Instagram Direct Message provided in the Entries Information approximately twenty-four (24) hours after the random drawing. If the potential Winners cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours from the time award notifications was sent or fails to send their information Sponsor needs for delivery of the prize (i.e. Winner’s name, address, telephone number) within two (2) days from the time award notifications were sent, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive the award notification for any reason, including inactive Instagram account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winners’ failure to adequately monitor any Instagram messages. No substitution or prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees for Entrant and for Entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Entities (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; and (f) any injuries, losses, or damage(compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
If, for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, subject, in Quebec, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. In such an event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Any such changes will be announced and posted on Sponsor’s website. Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Contest.
For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER: An Instagram account is required to enter. If you don’t already have an Instagram account, visit instagram.com/ to create one. It is free to create an account. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MUJI Canada LIMITED cc: MY MUJI SPACE INTERIOR STYLING CONTEST at 595 Bay Street, Unit C-03 Toronto, ON M5G 2C2. For accessing the Winner list online, visit Instagram.com/mujicanada.
- SPONSOR: MUJI Canada LIMITED, 595 Bay Street, Unit C-03 Toronto, ON M5G 2C2