［Ended］[Virtual Event] Vegetable Gardening with Mik Turje – Garden ProblemsJuly 4, 2020
Join us this summer to learn about the basics of planting and growing a vegetable garden! This beginner-level gardening workshop will lead by Vancouver-based organic farmer, Mik Turje of @RCFood, instructing how to get started with a healthy growing environment to produce your own delicious vegetables all season long.
Session 3 – Garden Problems: Weeds, Pests, and Plant Disease
Slugs on your lettuce? Tomatoes rotting on the vine? Don’t panic. In this session, Mik will talk about how to improve the health of your garden with basic garden problem-solving so your plants don’t get sick in the first place!
As we won’t provide the presentation content after the event, please be prepared for note-taking during Mik’s virtual presentation.
[ Registration ]
This event will be hosted on Zoom.
- Online registration is mandatory. Please register here.
- Guests will receive the Zoom link through their provided email, as soon as they register via Eventbrite. The stream will be accessible 5 minutes before the announced event time.
- The event will start at the announced time and last about 40 minutes.
- We appreciate attendees taking the time to update their registration. If you cannot attend, please kindly cancel your registration from your Eventbrite account.
- Please contact us here if you have any questions.
[ Guest Speaker ]
Mik Turje has been working in community food and agriculture for over a decade. First as a small-scale organic farmer on Vancouver Island and in Richmond, B.C. where they grew a variety of vegetables for farmers markets, CSA’s (Community Supported Agriculture), and grocery stores. Then as a community development worker in the Food and Urban Agriculture movement. Mik was the Urban Agriculture Coordinator at The Stop Community Food Centre in Toronto for many years, where they taught a full slate of gardening workshops and mentored new gardeners. Mik now runs a small food security organization, Renfrew-Collingwood Food Security Institute in Vancouver, B.C., and instructs vegetable gardening in UBC Farm and local community gardens. Sign up here for Mik’s Garden newsletter to receive more information about his educational offerings!
- Event date：
- July 4, 2020
- Activity time：
- 3:00 PM - 3:40 PM EDT / 12:00 PM - 12:40 PM PDT
- Entrance fee：