［Ended］[Virtual Workshop] Folded Pen Calligraphy with @sarahtypesJuly 29, 2020
Have you ever heard of a folded pen? Did you know you can DIY your own folded pen with common household items? Join us this Wednesday with Sarah to learn this unique style of calligraphy!
For this workshop, you will need to prepare the following materials. Once you’re registered for the workshop, you will receive access to instructions on making your own folded pen. It’s advisable that you prepare your pen before the workshop begins, however, we will be spending the first 15 minutes going over the steps of making one as well.
- an empty aluminium can
- duct tape (a thick, sticky durable tape)
- print out of the pen nib templates
- black permanent marker
- gloves (for safety when cutting the can, as it may have sharp edges)
- a wooden dowel or a pencil
- calligraphy or sumi ink
- smooth, bleed-proof paper
[ Registration ]
This event will be hosted on Zoom.
- Online registration is mandatory. Please register here.
- Guests will receive the Zoom link through their provided email, as soon as they register via Eventbrite. The stream will be accessible 5 minutes before the announced workshop time.
- The event will start at the announced time and last about 60 minutes.
- We appreciate attendees taking the time to update their registration. If you cannot attend, please kindly cancel your registration from your Eventbrite account.
- Please contact us here if you have any questions.
[ Instructor ]
Sarah Trafford (@sarahtypes on Instagram) is a hand letterer and creator based in Toronto. With influences from graffiti and gothic script her lettering style is edgy and sometimes a little sassy. She loves being creative, tackling DIY’s and then sharing her tips and tricks on Youtube.
- Event date：
- July 29, 2020
- Activity time：
- 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT / 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PDT