［Ended］[Virtual Workshop] Make Matcha Drinks at Home with @O5teaJuly 8th, 2020
Explore matcha with us following Pedro’s (@o5tea) tea journey and learning how to make iced matcha drinks for cooling down the summer heat! Matcha is a Japanese shade-grown, micro-milled tea. For those who are unfamiliar with it, Pedro will demonstrate how to make three very simple yet delicious drinks to make at home. At the end of the workshop, you will be able to create some vibrant, energizing drinks for yourself or guests.
You’ll learn how to:
Whisk a bowl of matcha (usucha) at home
Create an iced matcha soda/tonic
Pour a matcha americano
Attendees are suggested to have the following materials at hand during the workshop: a matcha bowl, a chasen, a chashaku, their favourite matcha, a thermos or shaker, and a bottle of sparkling, mineral water, or a bottle of tonic water.
[ Registration ]
This event will be hosted on Zoom.
- Online registration is mandatory. Please register here.
- Guests will receive the Zoom link through their provided email, as soon as they register via Eventbrite. The stream will be accessible 5 minutes before the announced workshop time.
- The event will start at the announced time and last about 40 minutes.
- We appreciate attendees taking the time to update their registration. If you cannot attend, please kindly cancel your registration from your Eventbrite account.
- Please contact us here if you have any questions.
[ Guest Speaker ]
Pedro is a tea-hunter, entrepreneur, and former marketing executive. A chemical engineer by profession, he worked 10 years for multi-national company P&G in Mexico, the US, and China. in 2009, Pedro and his family moved to Vancouver lured by mountains, ocean, and a thriving multi-cultural community. He and Brian Noble are co-founders at O5 Tea, Vancouver’s first-in-kind “third wave” rare tea bar and wholesale company. He is currently working on a documentary about ancient traditions in Japan that are in danger of being forgotten.
- Event date：
- July 8th, 2020
- Activity time：
- 7:00 PM - 7:40 PM EDT / 4:00 PM - 4:40 PM PDT
- Entrance fee：