［Ended］[Virtual Event] Introduction to Japanese Tea with O5 TeaWednesday, August 5, 2020
- Event date：
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020
- Activity time：
- 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT / 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PDT
- Entrance fee：
Online registration is mandatory. Please click the button below to register.
ABOUT THE EVENT
This Wednesday, Pedro of @O5tea is back to host a virtual talk about the basics of Japanese tea. Join us to explore three Japanese tea classics: a beautiful gyokuro from Yame, a bright green sencha from Kirishima, and a heartwarming, micro-milled hojicha.
For each tea, you’ll learn:
- Tea basics: handcrafting process, origin, and flavour profile
- A simple recipe to create a delicious drink at home:
– ‘Heart’ of Gyokuro – You will brew a rich, nourishing drink that will most likely uplift your spirit.
– Ice Brew Sencha – You will create a deep green, naturally sweet, and refreshing brew.
– Hojicha Ice Latte – This delicious treat is a refreshing dessert… or morning drink.
- If time allows, we will also make some delicious gomae (a tasty snack) with our leftover gyokuro.
To follow Pedro’s demonstration, you’ll need:
- Tea: gyokuro, sencha, and micro-milled hojicha
- 2 cocktail shakers (or 500ml mason jars)
- A Japanese teapot (or a 250ml glass beaker)
- 2 MUJI Tea Strainers (or cocktail strainers)
- Your favourite drinking vessels (150ml – 300ml)
If you’d like to order some supplies in advance, please use the code MUJI08 to receive a 20% discount in your order from o5tea.com.
*Shipping takes 2-3 working days for Vancouver locations and 5-7 working days for Toronto locations.
This event will be hosted on Zoom.
Online registration is mandatory. Registration is done through Eventbrite. Please click the button above, or here to register.
The Zoom link will be available to participants through Eventbrite’s Online Event Page. They will receive this link via their provided email as soon as they register.
The event will start at the announced time and last about 40 minutes.
We appreciate attendees taking the time to update their registration. If you cannot attend, please kindly cancel your registration from your Eventbrite account.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Pedro is a tea-hunter, entrepreneur, and former marketing executive. A chemical engineer by profession, he worked 10 years for multi-national company P&G in Mexico, the US, and China. in 2009, Pedro and his family moved to Vancouver lured by mountains, ocean, and a thriving multi-cultural community. He and Brian Noble are co-founders at O5 Tea, Vancouver’s first-in-kind “third wave” rare tea bar and wholesale company. He is currently working on a documentary about ancient traditions in Japan that are in danger of being forgotten.