Café&Meal MUJI x Okinawa Prefecture ── Okinawan Cuisine Cooking Class
Found DELI searches for seasonal ingredients from all over the world, and explores the wisdom of eating well inherited from local culture. Original tastes of ingredients are being brought to the menu through healthy and tasty traditional family recipes.
Through Found DELI, Café&Meal MUJI brings you traditional Okinawan homemade dishes this summer. The belief of “Medicine and Food Homology” is a core concept of Okinawan diet in which local cultures treat food as a main factor in one’s health. Café&Meal MUJI collaborates with Okinawa Prefecture and invites Izena Kae, Ryukyu Cuisine Inheritor, for Okinawan Cuisine Cooking Class in hopes of sharing tips about eating and living well in Okinawan way.
- 28th July 2018 (Saturday)
- 13:00 – 16:45
- Japanese, with Cantonese Interpretation
- Hong Kong New Oriental Culinary Art
- 2/F, KP Tower, 93 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong (MTR Fortress Hill Station Exit A)
- Aged 18 or above
- HK$450 per person
- 15 persons
(3 persons per group, and to share ingredients and kitchenware together; participants can enroll in groups or MUJI HK will arrange the group on a random basis)
- Mozuku Seaweed Soup (Demonstration), Stir-fried Carrot & Egg (Demonstration), Goya Chanpuru, Steamed Pork with Black Sesame Paste
- Please provide the below information (1-7) for registration by sending e-mail to , with the subject of "Okinawa Cuisine Cooking Class". The successful registrants will receive reply through e-mail within 2 working days. Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Please provide the below information (1-7) for registration by sending e-mail to email@example.com, with the subject of "Okinawan Cuisine Cooking Class". Successful registrants will receive reply through e-mail within 2 working days. Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- 1. Name:
- 2. Contact Number:
- 3. Email Address
- 4. No. of Participants: 1 / 2 / 3 (Please mark, maximum 3 persons)
- 5. Store for Payment: MUJI Lee Theatre/ Harbour City/ Olympian City/ Festival Walk
- 6. I agree to receive the latest information and promotion news from MUJI through email. Yes/ No (Please mark)
- 7. I agree to receive the related information of Open MUJI through email. Yes/ No (Please mark)
- Terms and
- 2. All personal data will not be used for promotion purpose without any consent.
- 3. Enrollment date is from 29th June to 15th July and enrollment is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Successful registrants will receive reply through e-mail within 2 working days.
- 4. Successful registrants shall pay in 3 working days after receiving reply. Payment can be made in selected stores, including MUJI Lee Theatre/ Harbour City/ Olympian City/ Festival Walk. Please keep the receipt as it may act as confirmation of payment and participants may need to present the receipt when attending the event.
- 5. Cash and credit cards payment are accepted for fee payment (MUJI Shopping Points, MUJI Gift Vouchers or Shopping Mall Vouchers are not accepted). The payment is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and not applicable for earning MUJI Miles.
- 6. After payment, successful registrants will receive a confirmation email within 2 working days. Please present the email (hard copy or soft copy acceptable) when attending the event.
- 7. After successful registration, quota cannot be transferred to third party. MUJI reserves the right to reject participation of those persons who did not enroll.
- 8. Successful registrants will receive a reminder via email or phone 3 days before the event.
- 9. For safety reasons, except the participants and related staff, no other persons are allowed to enter into the venue.
- 10. Event will be cancelled if Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted on the event date. MUJI will contact participants and refund will be arranged.
- 11. After confirmation, participants are assumed to agree to the event policy and regulations. MUJI (Hong Kong) has the right to warn, terminate his/her participation rights or cancel the event in case of violation of these policies and regulation. For details, please refer to HERE.
- 12. Participants understand and agree that MUJI has the right to report, use and publish any contents regarding this activity, including activity highlights, photos, video clips and any other related information, without prior consent of the participants and/or paying any payment or compensation to the participants. The copyright of the said photos and video clips belongs to MUJI.
- 13. MUJI reserves the right to make changes to the event details and other arrangements as it deems appropriate (including but not limited to change of event time, venue, content ingredients and instructor).
- 14. For enquiries, please contact Customer Service Department at 2694 9309.
- Izena Kae, Ryukyu Cuisine Inheritor Born and grew up in Naha of Okinawa, currently the Representative Director of Total Wellness Project Okinawa Association (KAE Project) and Vice President of Okinawa Dietitians Association. She is also a National Registered Dietitian and Fitness Coach, and holds the qualification of “Ryukyu Cuisine Inheritor” recognized by Okinawa Prefectural Government. She worked as Nutritionist for school, hospital and enterprise for years before establishing her Cooking and Fitness Studio with the vision of promoting the unique and healthy food culture of Okinawa in 2015. She has been delivering speech in different seminars and writing recipes. Until now, 4 books were published such as《Okinawa Soup》