［Ended］[Virtual Workshop] Hand-Lettered Holiday DecorationsWednesday, December 16, 2020
- Event date：
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020
- Activity time：
- 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PST
- Entrance fee：
Online registration is mandatory. Please click the button below to register.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Give a gift with a personalized touch. Toronto-based lettering artist Margaret (@sincerely.bo) is here to teach you the many possibilities of applying calligraphy for the holiday gifting season!
This workshop includes a step by step downloadable booklet so you can follow and create with us – it will be available on the Online Event Page on Eventbrite, after you sign up.
If you’d like to follow along, please prepare these materials prior to the workshop:
- MUJI Recycled Paper Sketchbook, or any sketchbook of your choice!
- Stabilo All-Pencil
- Sharpie PAINT Marker
- Decorations for ornaments (i.e. ribbons, snowflakes, pine branches etc)
- Gift Packaging
- MUJI Soft Calligraphy Pen, or any brush-tip pen
- Tracing Paper/ Kraft Paper Roll/ Gift Tissue Paper
- Introduction (10 minutes)
- Warm up practice in writing Holiday phrases
- How to do hand lettering on Christmas ornaments (25 minutes)
- Tools and tips on what to use when writing on different surfaces
- Drafting the design on paper
- Drafting on the ornaments
- Tricks and tips when inking on the ornaments
- How to personalize gift packages (20 minutes)
- Tools and tips of what to use
- Drafting on the gift paper
- Inking on the gift paper
Download Margaret’s calligraphy worksheet here!
This event will be hosted on Zoom.
Online registration is mandatory. Registration is done through Eventbrite. Please click the button above, or here to register.
The Zoom link will be available to participants through Eventbrite’s Online Event Page. They will receive this link via their provided email as soon as they register.
The event will start at the announced time and last about 60 minutes.
We appreciate attendees taking the time to update their registration. If you cannot attend, please kindly cancel your registration from your Eventbrite account.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Margaret is the creator behind Sincerely.Bo, a Toronto based boutique design studio specializing in custom lettering and calligraphy. She provides calligraphy and hand engraving services for events, brands and workshops. Calligraphy is a very therapeutic form of art especially in this busy world. She is excited to inspire you to the many possibilities of applying calligraphy to things around us.